Thursday, July 16, 2009

Goodness

God is good. Just absolutely good. There is no evil in Him. He is pure 100% good. I'm finally getting to a place where I can see how much emphasis I've put on myself lately. Letting go of yourself is not a bad thing. You don't lose your identity, become a clone of the system doing only what is required of you by an unseen entity who wants mindless robot servants, but rather you discover yourself in a deeper more intimate way than is possible through any other source. I love who God made me to be. The world can be taking a crap on me and even though it smells and is unsightly and just plain sucks, if I can just pass it all on to God, He can and will take care of it for me. He loves me soooo much that he would sit under an elephant with the hershey squirts so I didn't have to. God. The Almight rule of the entire universe would do that for me. Wow, now thats humbling. I sure do love Him.

2 comments:

RavenM said...

He IS good! :) I wonder what it is that makes us take to long to see that surrendering to Him doesn't mean losing anything worth keeping?

I sometimes think it's some of the wacky stuff you grow up learning in church. Like: you must give your all to God which means you will never do anything you are good at because that's not spiritual and God will send you to Africa whether you like it or not...

Matthew said...

Yeah exactly. We also lose it in thinking that God is mad at us or that if we aren't good little girls and boys He won't take care of us and bad stuff that happens is our fault. Granted, life has consequences but its never punishment. God has GOOD things in mind for us.