Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Basketball Season

This season, basketball is going much better for me than last season. Obviously, there has been an improvement in my skill level versus the beginning of last season, but morale and teamwise it is much better. I am having a lot more fun. I know most of the team well and the players who cause much strife and frustration are not a part of the team this year. I am getting a lot of play time and though I've made some dumb mistakes and even gotten reprimanded by the ref one game, I am also making better plays and being more useful to the team overall. I have also really enjoyed my family coming to watch. Last year they were at a lot of games but this year there are more of them and that is fun. I now have a 26 day span between games to my challenge is going to be staying in shape.

Oh, and as far as having more fun goes, the winning doesn't hurt.

4 comments:

RavenM said...

Glad you are having so much more fun this year! Sorry we haven't been to any of your games :'( At least the rest of the fam loves you.

Matthew said...

Hey now, no worries. I play because its fun, not for the fame and glory :) Its not like I've been to any of Nates races.

RavenM said...

It's Bear, the writing... :)

Matthew said...

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I so should have spoken my thoughts aloud. Its not nearly so cool when you psychically know things after the fact.