Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Another day, another year

Today is February 9th. That means two things. My friend Ian Ogier is 25. I wonder how he is doing, I haven't seen him in a while. The second thing is that tomorrow, I'll be 25. Can you believe that? I'm the younger brother, and I am going to be twenty freakin five.
I have a lot of misgivings about birthdays. I really don't like having them anymore. This one I have been dreading. I know that I go through this every year. At least for the past few. I can stay young on the inside and blah blah blah, but I still don't like the number.
However, I have been thinking about the positives:
I am one day closer to being with Jesus for eternity. Whether He comes before I go, or I simply go, I'm just one day closer.
Cheaper insurance. I have to have it. There is no getting around it. At least it'll be cheaper now.
Gabriella.
I can't think of anything else. I'm still undecided about whether or not I like it. I think people should be allowed to pick the age they want to be and just stay there. Oh well, whats a guy to do but deal with it, am I right?

3 comments:

shedhorn said...

I didn't have a problem with 26 but 26 was really hard for me. I'm glad to have Noah with a B-day so close to mine I can just concentrate on him and giving him a happy B-day.

RavenM said...

I HATED HATED HATED turning 25!!! Yuck yuck yuck yuck :p BUT, Thirty is awesome. Go figure. :) Love ya bro.

Matthew said...

It is definitely weird, but I had such a good day and I still have my party coming so its all good. Dad and Sarah both called me and everyone else, except one young lady, texted me. I felt lots and lots of love.