Tuesday, October 20, 2009

flip the switch

There is a greater meaning in life. To life. I know this. As my father-in-law would say, "I know it in my knower". Y'all know what I'm talking about. Anywho, back to meaning. My life is important. I use my life to better the lives of those around me. My life is a bulb and I can flip the switch. My light turns on and illuminates my immediate surrounding area. Those nearby can see better and some even find their own light switch. There is a ripple effect and soon people whom I have never met and never will meet are finding their light switches all because I chose to flip mine.

Meanwhile, I sit here at work and wonder what I can do to make life more interesting. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot going on in my life. I have an amazing God who has filled me with His spirit and shown me what lies beyond our brief sojourn here on earth as we know it. I have a beautiful adventurous red-head for a wife who is currently pregnant with our first child, an adventure in itself. I have a house to take care of, and a huge family who loves me and loves spending time with me. I have lots of friends and we like doing things together such as playing wow cards. I am a deacon at my church, well, technically the deacon which means I have lots of responsibility. I also have lots of books to read and video games to play, both of which I really enjoy. All of this is piled on top of 9 hours of daily work and an hour and a half of driving. Oh and that job is one that takes years to get really good at so I am constantly learning and asking for help.

Interesting? It shoud be. I think my main problem is that I'm not looking at anything with the right lens. Except my xbox. I like that, but I don't play it as much as I expected I would. Too many other things to do I guess. Anywho, lens. There are times when I look at all I have and all who have me and I just am in awe. I like those times. Those times generally come when someone nearby me flips on their light, and helps me see better.


p.s. sorry there are no pictures to make my blogs easier on the eyes.

No comments: