Wednesday, October 22, 2008

4:30 a.m.

Why oh why do I get up at 4:30 in the morning when I don't have to be at work until 7? I'll tell you. Its my second job.....of sorts. I am working 4 hours a week at a local gym to earn a free membership. Its a really nice gym, they have tennis courts, indoor and outdoor basketball, sand volley ball, a gyro, a saltwater pool, therapy pool and hot tub. So I get there at 5 in the morning Monday thru Thursday and clean something. Today I did a little vacuuming, dusted a chain link fence and all the stretching machines, then I was done. My schedule at work changes in November, but until then, I am lucky to have some time after cleaning to work out. Today I ran a mile on the treadmill. I hadn't warmed up and I didn't want to hurt myself so I started out walking. Then I went between jogging and something between jogging and power walking as the machine saw fit. After nine minutes I bumped up the speed to 10 mph so I could finish the mile in 10 minutes. I finished in 10:01. Good enough. I burned 180 calories, but it seemed like a lot more. Especially since I hadn't eaten breakfast. Not enough time.

Its worth it to get in shape and feel good. But man am I sleepy.

No comments: