Monday, October 27, 2008

C-League

Saturday was my first city league basketball practice.
I am still hurting. A lot.
I think what is most sore is my ribs. I took a lot of deep breaths. It really stretched me, which is what I wanted, but man does it hurt. For practice we basically just played four on four with one man out. After the first game my chest hurt oh so very badly and I was seeing colors. I drank water and went outside to get some fresh air. I almost puked. I have never puked due to physical exertion, but I was realy close Now the insides of my thighs hurt and my abdomen is killing me. Thankfully I was expecting this. Its what happens when a guy is ridiculously out of shape and he trys to keep up with people who work out regularly. I am not one of those guys who is content to just do what I can do. I'm always pushing. Always attempting to further my boundaries. Even when I do get in shape, I'll still be pushing. Why? Beats me.

4 comments:

Naomi said...

poor matt!i sorry:)so is it pathetic that i have blisters on my hand,and a sore/sprained-like wrist from using my rotary cutter on fabric!lol:)

Matthew said...

Haha, umm, yes! :) I think that definitely signifies a need to toughen up your skin and joints, but then again, maybe its okay. Its all in what you feel is right for you.

RavenM said...

Natey almost puked every time he entered a bike race last month. Guess that's what you get for jumping in too deep lol!

Matthew said...

Nice! I am doing better now, but thats probably due to the whole 4:30 am post. Bleh!