Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Come and Gone

Yesterday was the end of the 24th year of my life. Today is the first day of the 25th. What does being 24 mean? What symbolism of manhood does it grant? What step must I now take to reflect the new number that reflects the time I've spent on this here earth? Not a darn thing thats what. After hearing me complain about having to continue to have birthdays every year, a good friend told something that was really meaningful. He said "just because you grow older doesn't mean you have to grow up on the inside" which isn't to say I am going to be acting like a 23 year old when I'm fifty, heavens no, what it means is that I don't have to lose touch with who I am, with my youth as it were just because i continue to age. I had a wonderful year as far as birthdays are concerned. I got to celebrate it with my family, and my in-laws, and my wife threw me a surprise party with all of my friends. I think that I had the most fun ever, but I can't really remember all of them :) Thanks to all who made me feel loved this year.

3 comments:

RavenM said...

I think you can look forward to being "younger" every year if to you that actually means being yourself. As we get older we become more confident in who we are. And we find out more and more who God made us to be. Here's to every year being better than the last! :-) Love you

Matthew said...

That is very true, and something I need to remember. We were just talking last night about looking at the positive side of things. We are going to watch the persona video in bible study the next couple of weeks.

RavenM said...

Oh, good! That's such a good message! Enjoy:-)