Monday, February 9, 2009

What a weekend

Wow, okay here goes:
On Friday I was all stoked because I was going to spend the evening with my brother watching movies and just chillin'. I got home from work and my wife was already packing to go. She told me that a friend of mine, Phil, needed some help moving some sound equipment at church and had asked if I could run do that before going to my brothers house. We headed that way and before we got there my wife started trying to get me to go to the store for more ginger ale. She wasn't feeling too good so she wanted to get more, I told her to just wait we'd get more later. She was really upset and I couldn't figure out why she was being so silly. We got to the church and I parked around the side, but I didn't see Phil's car, I saw my brothers. I had called him to tell him I had to run by the church so I thought maybe he came to help move stuff so it would go faster. We went it and I was grabbed by a bunch of guys, luckily they didn't try anything funny or I would have had to kick all their butts at once :] Phil wasn't there and I asked what was going on and they all said they were there to help Phil. I thought that was fine so we started shootin hoops waiting for the man to get there. It was only a few minutes until he arrived and we just kept playing ball. After a little while I got pretty confused. I said "Whats going on here?" and they all said "Happy Birthday!!!". It was a surprise party set up for me by my wife. Looking back on the past week there were several times when I thought she was sure acting funny. When she basically urged me to spend the evening at my bros, when she laughed and though it was cute that he was so excited to watch a movie with me he kept texting me and so on. We had a great time, played 5 flags up, cone ball, ultimate football, basketball, ate pizza, drank soda, farted, a lot. It was good "man time". Afterwards, I went over to my buddy Shiloh's house and we stayed up until 2:30 playing video games. After that it was off to the inlaws to sleep for about 3 1/2 hours. I got up and went to my house to get ready for men's meeting which was at seven. After that I went over to my father-in-law's house and drug brush until lunch time. There were a lot of people over helping so it was more fun than usual, although I generally have a pretty good time. The only thing is, I was already sore from the previous night, staying up late playing physical games then sleeping 3 hours on the floor, so dragging brush made it worse. That and the fact that when I drag, I have this curious urge to drag the biggest piece I can find and not only take over to the pile, but pick it up over my head and throw it on top. Safe to say I was hurtin for certain. Last night I had a basketball game against a team that has beaten us twice already. I was still sore, but I had stretched a lot and felt as ready as I could be. It was a hard fought battle, they are big and skilled. We ended up losing again, but I personally had a great time. I got six points, which is good for me, and I didn't air ball the free throw like last game, yeah, that's right, I air balled a free throw. It was a long and glorious weekend filled with much merry making and bruise taking. Good times.

5 comments:

shedhorn said...

lots of fun on friday!! we still gotta watch shooter

RavenM said...

Sounds like a blast:) Glad you had so much fun! Natey said running into you was like running into a brick wall lol, his neck still hurts:( He had a blast too:)

Matthew said...

Hehe, my bad Sarah, I saw him running to intercept the ball (during ultimate football) and attempted to head him off but neither of us was watching the other. Instead of knocking him off his route I ended up just plowing right into him. Really rung his bell. I'll give him a make-up kiss next time I see him :)

Matthew said...

We definitely still need to do a movie night. We should watch Shooter and then some comedy. I'll bring a couple of those Great Whites. mmmmm

RavenM said...

He'd enjoy the kiss...