Friday, September 5, 2008

Emotions

Okay so, I'm not really an emotional guy, unless you count chillness as an emotion. I mean, don't get me wrong, I have my passions and things that excite me and things that piss me right off, but in general, I'm pretty chill. When I do experience strong emotion, I don't generally handle it very well. When I get angry, I often yell, punch stuff, and exit the situation withouth much tact or dignity. When I get excited I tend to get loud, obnoxious, and I often talk enough for 10 auctioneers getting paid per sale.
One emotion that I don't do well at all is sadness. It feels weird to me. I don't get sad a whole lot, and when I do, it's like a big wet blanket, a wool one, got dropped on my from somewhere above my view. Suddenly I can't hold my head up, I can't get my bearings, I just feel lost. Sadness doesn't have the potency of anger to get a message acrossed, unless you were talking to me and you are certain people I know then it would work even better. I just feel hopeless at these points. Like I'm doing all I can to make life better for the world, but all I'm getting is flack. It never turns out right, its never enough and I can't fix anything. I know there is no point to feeling this way and I know that soon enough I'll get over it because life goes on regardless of emotion, but it feels good to wallow in. Listening to sad music is like cortizone after you've cleaned out your belly button with poison oak, it just makes things feel okay. I thought that maybe writing about it would help, it did a little, but not much. Oh well.

No comments: