Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Job

I am thankful for my job. Very thankful in fact. There is a lot to be thankful for: great hours, decent pay, awesome benefits, engaging and interesting work etc. However, I am not content here. I am not satisfied. Talking to my mom the other day (I do that quite a bit) she reminded me that when I first started a year and a half ago, I said this was just a lillypad between banks. It was just temporary. A job to pay the bills. So now, when I'm at the point where I'm bored because I have basically mastered my current position and like millions of other places there is not enough business to warrant a promotion, I start thinking about the fact that this lilly pad is awfully small and I can see the edges. In the distance, I can see the far bank, but I am not sure what it looks like. If this is just a job to pay the bills, what is a job that is more than that? What is it that I'm looking for? I get bored easy, yet I can almost always find some way to entertain myself. I've never really been content at a job. There is always something that really bugs me. Something that makes me want to just run away. Hmmm, I don't know. I like stories, and thinking up stories, but putting them to paper is hard for me, as I'm sure it is for a lot of people. What else is there for a guy who just likes to have fun and make people feel good about themselves. I just really like to help people see who they are in Jesus. I know that I can do those things anywhere I am, so maybe I am just being undisciplined or something. I think that if God made me with my personality, He sure as heck had a plan for what I would do with my life. Again I say, hmmmm.

3 comments:

shedhorn said...

the mill was my lilly pad.........

but you are smarter than me, and dont have any kids, sky is the limit

Matthew said...

That would be nice if it were true. About the sky part, but obviously it hasn't gotten me anywhere. I mean, I like my job much better than yours but its still dead end. Maybe if the market picks up I'll go into service and after a few years I'll make 30 bucks an hour.

RavenM said...

I don't know what exactly to say except don't give up on the sky. Don't, don't, don't!! God wants you to do what he made you to do. If you find something you LOVE! you are supposed to be doing it!! That doen't mean you will have a job doing that, but it might. Don't get stuck because you forget that God doesn't have the limits we have, and He is FOR US!!!