Monday, November 10, 2008

Currently in Life

Right now I'm in the back of my warehouse blogging away during inventory pre-count days. I don't have a lot to do right now thanks to the fact that my boss put someone other than himself in charge of inventory and I'm not going around putting "1" on all our compressors etc.

Some other things though. I know that winter is coming because my fingers are beginning to split right at the corner of the nail. I need to start putting on the lotion before my thumbs follow suit because they take a long time to heal and are very painful.

Last night was our second pre-season b-ball game. We won this time. It was a lot of fun, but not just because we won. Last week I had gotten up before dawn on Saturday to hunt and hike all day, then Sunday I got up before dawn as well. So, that being said, I had very little energy that Sunday night. Well, this time I did VERY little in the physical side of things the whole weekend and so I had energy to spare. I was so hyped up from the game though that when I got home and showered, I couldn't sleep. I ended up reading until 11:30 even though I had to get up at 4:20 this morning to go work at the gym. Before I worked out at the gym. So yeah a little sleepy this morning, but I'm doing okay now.

I was reading a book called "The High King" by Lloyd Alexander that was published in 1968 I think. Its the fifth book in series about a boy named Taran and his dreams of adventure, and how he grows up and learns a lot about life in the process. Its good stuff but I put it on pause so I can read "The Shack". Its very interesting so far and I haven't even gotten to the good parts that everyone has told me about.

Emily and I rented "Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Stories" for our wii yesterday. It is loads of fun. There is a little bit of challenge at times because there is a lot to notice, but it is made for kids so you can't get a game over. You can die and explode into a million pieces as many times as you want and the only penalty is losing money you've collected. We beat both Lego Star Wars games on PS2 so this is next, then batman sometime down the line.

Saturday night Shi and Melissa brought over a game called "Quelf". Zac I know what you are thinking because I couldn't understand Shi on the phone so he said "its kinda like Qu___." So every time someone says Quelf I think of it. It was way fun and way crazy. We had a blast making fools of ourselves.

Sarah when we played I instantly thought of you and Red, as long as he can just have fun if you know what I mean. There is a lot of "Well that's good enough" times. Its definitely a game that is more about creativity than set rules. Except for the RULZ cards that force you to do things like "bah like a goat whenever someone draws a card" or "whenever someone rolls a four you have to hold a pretend video camera and talk like you were filming their turn as a documentary". Oh yeah, fun stuff.

I just noticed I spelled "currently" wrong in the title. Too bad you won't see it. I know I spelled "practice" wrong in my other blog title, but I decided that its an adaptation of the words "practice" and "active", so there.

Anywho, I obviously need to wright more often so that my blogs aren't three hours long. Or something like that.

2 comments:

shedhorn said...

the shack is an awsome book! and dont worry bout the spelling cause dood! i cant spell worth beans

RavenM said...

That game sounds like fun :-)