Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mr. Eye, Meet Mr. Ball

So this morning, my wife and I were playing raquet ball at the gym. I get hit usually a couple times per game because I am slow. I don't move fast enough and I get tagged. Often, by a ball I just hit that rebounded off the wall. Yeah, pretty sad. But today, today it was different. Well, okay not different, there was more. The ball was flying along with me in hot pursuit. Warm anyway. I took a big ol' swing attemping to fling the blue sphere into the wall before it lost altitude and hit the floor. I didn't miss. Neither did I make solid contact. Instead I hit the ball with the edge of my raquet send straight up into the air. Luckily my face was there to keep the ball from going very high. Mainly, my eye. It hurt, I admit, but its all better now. I thought I might get a black eye, but no such luck. Bad luck that is. Normally I am proud of my war wounds, but that would just attract to much ribbing at work and considering the personality of my boss, I'd still be getting comments on it a year from now.



But then again, maybe I could just pretend he wrote it and left it on my blog.............Nah!

1 comment:

RavenM said...

LOL! Ha Ha HA HA HA... That would be me to I'm afraid. :-)