Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Strange Happenings at Work

Okay so last Saturday Dec 6th, I was at work. I wasn't working, I just had to be there because someone was using the building for a brazing class. My boss came by to blow some leaves off the sidewalk and parking lot, and of course he then came in to have some coffee and say howdy. We talked for a long time and he brought up an employment ad he had seen in the paper. I was for a job similar to mine only making more money. He encouraged me to check it out. He even went so far as to send me there while I was at work yesterday to turn in an application. I doubt it will come to anything because there are a lot of people applying for it and after talking with the hiring man, I realize I don't quite have all of the qualifications they are looking for.
It is amazing to me though that he cares that much. He cites things like "I know you probably want to buy a house and you've got a wife to take care of" and he is worried because business is really slow and I might not get a raise. He can be so incredibly frustrating during a days work, so much so that I have to fight not to punch him in the face and say "just shut up already! You make no sense and your logic is completely irrational!" and then he goes and does stuff like this. I just wish he could feel the love of God more. He is catholic, so he tries to just live by the law, but it of course isn't working out for him. I just feel bad for him.

2 comments:

RavenM said...

Wow, that's cool that he's looking out for you like that. Sometimes we just clash with other peoples personalities and there's not a whole lot to be done about it except to be gracious. :-)

Something weird, your new posts are not showing up on my dashboard. I come over here and you've got a bunch I haven't seen. Also when I click on SotC on my dashboard it tells me this blog no longer exists.

Matthew said...

That could be because when you first added my blog it was under a different name. I changed it a few weeks ago. You might need to stop following and then re-follow.