Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Is it finally time?

Has there been one thing you have wanted to do for your whole life? For it its playing the drums. I have been a music lover for as long as I can remember. I love rhythm and getting down with my bad self. Honestly, I also love the action, you know, hitting stuff and making loud noise. Its just something I'm naturally good at :)

I had a set for a little while. It was the "old" set of a friend and he said I could use it to learn on. Well, that was going pretty good until I got married and moved into a studio apartment. Not exactly a lot of room for extras there. Since then we've lived with roommates or in our travel trailer so there has been no room. Well now we have a two bedroom place for ourselves. I have the room. After that I just had to figure out how to get the drums. I'm not what you'd call rich, well, in this day and age maybe just being able to pay all your bills (by the grace of Papa) makes you rich, and "slush" money is hard to come by. The Good Lord heard my prayers, the ones I didn't pray because that would selfish (silly me), and He gave me a set. Two actually. He is so amazing. I got a set from my beautiful sister Sarah for Christmas, then that Sunday a gal in church whom I've been helping with some stuff offered me another. There is always more than enough, right?

So now, I have the drums, I have the room for them, next is to learn. Well, before that I have to make them playable at my house. I live in a condominium and there are lots and lots of rules. Luckily there are other people in the world who have my same predicament. There is a product called "mutes" which is basically round rubber pads that go on the drums to make them quiet. That way you can still practice all the motions without making too much racket, and although this isn't my preferred style, its better than nothing. Much better. Okay, anyway, back to the topic at hand, learning. The nice thing about going to church is that you know lots of people. At my church we have upwards of 300 people in attendance on any given Sunday, and I know most of them. I'm a bit of a people person and I talk a lot. Two of my friends, Mo and Fred (yes that is their real names), both offered to help me right away. I know that I could also ask Cedar and Arby (yes again on the names, aren't they awesome?) for help if I needed it. God is so the best provider in the world. He takes care of us like a parent takes care of their little kid only He is a lot better at it, and a lot smarter, and He has infinite access to anything. At this point I could say that "my dad could beat your dad" but why would a guy beat himself?

All to say, I'm smiling on the inside right now. :) :D

1 comment:

RavenM said...

Yay:-)

Who's Fred?

Imo, Mo's not the best teacher, too impatient! But maybe it's different with you.

I keep trying to add your blog to my "things i read" but even tho it shows up on the fixit page it won't show up on my blog page (???) Your comment did not show up btw.