Friday, January 23, 2009

Silas

For a moment, try to think of the nicest person you know. Try to think of the one person in your life who gets along with absolutely everybody.
This is Silas. Was Silas I guess. I hadn't talked to him in a couple months, but I have many memories. He was always ready to laugh, always ready to find humor in life's frustrations, even when they were often pointed at him. I honestly have nothing but good memories. It is weird to think that he is gone. I know that he is having a rolicking good time. He is probably talking to Josh, though about what, I don't really know. I think the only thing holding his family together right now is the hope that Josh will come back. We are all praying and hoping and trusting the Almight God to save him. Well, I guess I shouldn't say save, because he is in the best place in the world, I should say give him back to us for some more time. I am just praying praying praying, but it is hard to hope after seeing him. After seeing the blank stare in his half open eyes. Thankfully, it is not up to me. It is in Papa's hands now, and Papa has perfect timing.

Silas, I miss you already, thanks for being my friend. I'll see you soon. Be sure you have a spot saved for me in front of the bigscreen to play some Starfox. I love you.

2 comments:

RavenM said...

The thing I remember most about Silas is he seemed to always have a big grin on his face. :)

His mom said to me today that he and Josh were probably laughing together and trading jokes. Maybe even saying "Hey Mom, if you'll cook us breakfast every morning we'll come back!"

Matthew said...

That is so funny. It totally sounds like something young guys would say.