Friday, January 30, 2009

January

So today is the last day I will be posting in January since I only post while at work. This month has been a strange one. Lots of good things, lots of bad. Yesterday was the memorial service for Silas and Josh. It was pretty emotional, but not as bad as I expected. Well, not for me anyway. Mainly because of the ceremnial parts such as the multitude of hymns and choirs singing and the pastor talking for so long. Not that there is anythng wrong with that, but it just kind of took the emotion out of it for me. I didn't go to the burial, or internment I think they called it. I didn't feel like I needed to, but now I feel bad, I feel like I should have gone. Oh well, the past is the past. Thinking about the past, I used to really wish I could go back in time and change things. I have learned since then that is a silly waste of time and I don't bother with it anymore, but just going through some memories really filled me with regret. I know a lot of people say you should regret life, but there were a lot of instances where I could have treated people better. A lot better. I know that its behind me now and I need to simply learn all I can from it, but it still makes me sad that I didn't make as the positive influence I could have.

Heres to looking forward I guess. Never waste a minute. Always use it for the best. You never know when you might not have any minutes left.

2 comments:

RavenM said...

I sooo wanted to go to the service. I just felt like I should be there. But a multitude of circumstances conspired against me. :(

Matthew said...

I totally understand what you mean. There have been so many things I need to get done and it just doesn't feel like they are getting there. Its partly my fault, but also it just isn't working out. Hmmm, isn't life frustrating?