Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Papa, what do you look like?

Okay so, I have always had something in my mind that separated Jesus form God. There was just something there, not sure where it came from, though I have a few theories, I am not going to discuss them here. I always looked to Jesus for everything, which is okay, but the reason I did was because I was seeing a "good cop, bad cop" routine go though my head. That doesn't exist. Jesus is God. They are one. It says so right in the bible, check it out:



John 14:7-9
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7If you really knew me, you would know[b] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

8Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."

9Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? 10Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.




Everything that Jesus said/did was the same thing as God saying/doing them. God wants us to just love everyone. God healed all those people. Okay so that's nice, but doesn't that then mean that only Jesus could heal people? Obviously not since the disciples did. Jesus was a man. Straight up. Not "God as man" but just a plain ordinary ol' man, except for one thing. He never sinned. At all, not once. He lived in right relationship with God. Well, I guess that leaves me out, I'm screwed cause I sin all the time (even though I hate it). Actually, there was that time Jesus was killed, you remember that? Yeah that means He gave you an easy button to get to God. Now I can live in right relationship with Him because I am pure and Holy. BLASPHEMER!

Not, its not through me or anything I did, its through the blood. Its not fair, its too easy, but I didn't make the rules. Oh and don't forget, after you hit the easy button, you still have to put the supplies away and then use them, its not the end of story.

Okay well that turned into something I totally didn't plan. Oh well, maybe someone needed to read it. My original point was, God is good. He really is and He really, really, really loves you sooooooo much.

1 comment:

RavenM said...

I like the easy button.