Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Speeding Ticket

For the most part, I'm a good boy.
I obey the law. I do what I can to be a contributing member of society and ramain in good standing with justice. Latley however I've been a bit more relaxed. A bit more at ease. Well, with my speed anyway. I always went the speed limit. I would ask God to make it seem faster so I would enjoy it more. He definitely helped out there, but I guess it wasn't enough for me. I will admit, I like to pass people on the freeway. I like to go fast and get where I'm going without wasting a bunch of time doing it. Sadly though, my incres in speed spilled over into places other than the freeway. I got pulled over three times within the last six weeks. Most of you are probably thinking "you shoulda learned your lesson you bloomin' idiot" however the first two times I received no ticket. I was given mercy due to accidently breaking the speed limit in school zone when I though it was after five but it wasn't, and due to a super nice cop who mostly pulled me over for a license plate light out (which I fixed the next day). This morning however, I was going to the club. Much later than usual due to unavoidable circumstances, and I wasn't watching my speed as well as I should have been. There is a portion of road that is wide, and uncrouded. It is near the freeway and the speed is 25. I have a very difficult time following this and today I didn't even point one bit of attention. I was pulled over in the parking lot for going 40 in a 25. Its my first ticket so I can do driving school, but I can no longer say "I've never gotten a ticket". Maybe thats a good thing. Maybe God is breaking down my pride so that I don't have any self dependence. Fine with me, I just wish it didn't make me feel like a big steaming pile of dog crap.

5 comments:

RavenM said...

My first time ever being pulled over(it wasn't for speeding, just for not paying attention) was in october. I was really tired plus talking on the phone, BAD combo lol!

I got off cause "you have a pretty good driving record" Can you tell he was mad? Cause, yeah, first time in eleven years of driving "pretty good"?

Matthew said...

Wow! First time being pulled over is really good. I've gotten pulled over probably 10 times. The majority of the times were before I wisened up and started driving with some respect. Never for just speeding though.

RavenM said...

What can I say...I'm the cautious type when it comes to things like driving:-)

Matthew said...

Except when backing out of driveways and things like fences and trees come jumping out at you. (Low, I know, but funny none the less)

RavenM said...

YOU PUNK!!!!!!!