Friday, January 2, 2009

Confessions/Goals

The awesome confessions and goals written by PrincessMama have inspired me to write some of my own. In the same way, I am not big on new years resolutions but maybe its time for a change. First up, some confessions.

I'm always worried that I'm going to be hungry later. I get into a habit of eating a ton of food so I won't be hungry later, but then the next time I eat, I still eat a lot because by that point my body needs a huge amount of food to feel satisfied. Granted, I need a lot of calories to because I burn a lot. I am just a big person and I am pretty active.
Also, as strange as it may sound, I eat to feel powerful. I eat food that I know is bad for me and I shouldn't eat because I know no one can stop me. I'm doing something "wrong" and I won't get in trouble for it because its my choice and its my decision. What a stupid attitude. So, in saying, here are some goals:

1. Lose 17 lbs by the end of February
2. Be able to run 2 miles at 8.5 miles an hour without stopping(treadmill)
3. Make sugar a once a week indulgment by end of January

Those are good enough health goals for now.

1 comment:

RavenM said...

Haha! I bet you feel like that because we were raised to eat healthy and so it does feel like you're doing something "wrong"

I used to be afraid to go long without eating because of being hypoglicemic...well I'm not any more so I don't have that excuse.

Setting goals and writing them down is the first step to accomplishing them-- Way to go:-)