Thursday, January 8, 2009

Old visions vs. New Situations

Lately, I have been struggling with direction. I thought I new what my goals were a long time ago. Then God threw a wrench into the gears and everything changed. It was good and I was excited. Then things changed again, and again, and so on. So now that some time has gone by and I've grown older and more experienced in this thing called life, and now I have no specific goals. There is nothing I am holding onto that I'm expecting to carry me away. I had thought I knew what the next step was, but then I was informed that was not the direction of heading. I was also given the word "don't live on past words" which is terribly frustrating. At what point are we giving up on God's promises? Are we supposed to simply wait until they come to fruition? Are we supposed to move on with our lives hoping that we don't screw things up too badly? Its funny because these plans that seem to be poking their heads up into my life are the plans I had long ago, but they upset me. I'm not one to move on too easily once I've made up my mind. Don't get me wrong, I'm open minded and flexible, but when it comes to major life decisions, I tend to ponder longer and longer before going any specific way and I tend to stay on that road. Now life has decided to split the road ahead.
HAHA! Now what are you going to do? Mr. Steady Plodder, Mr. Gonna Stick With It Until The End! You have to make a choice. You have to go one way or the other and neither of them is what is straight ahead in the distance. Good luck sucker!

So that is what is on my mind right now. Amongst other things. Mounds and mountains of other things.

3 comments:

RavenM said...

We don't give up on God's promises! Maybe whoever said that meant you always keep your ears open for fresh revelation. ? When God gives you a personal word you write it down and you read it over and over (whether it's a prophesy, word of encouragement, or scripture that jumps out at you)

Were you in church for the Graham Cooke DVD? These things are part of your persona...your heavenly identity. Once you have a picture of your persona God will not answer your whining and other negative parts of your personality. Like when you say "what the heck am I supposed to do now!?!?!? this isn't what I planned!?!?!?!?" Hehehe:)

You keep those old promises and you read them out loud whenever you feel discouraged. Life never looks the way we thought it would but God always makes the BEST of it! Also, listen to the CD "Do all that is in your heart" by Banning Leibsher. Mom has it. Very good. You need to hear it right now:-) He talks about the fear of making the wrong decision and God's response to that.

Love ya, keep on keepin on!

Matthew said...

I didn't get to see the Graham Cooke dvd, I've been meaning to watch it but of course I haven't gotten to it. I'll have to ask mom about the Banning CD. Thanks for the encouragement. I was having a very rough day and I still am today but things are working out.

RavenM said...

You're welcome. Love ya, me.

P.S. Make sure you listen to those two messages SOON! :-)